Monday, February 28, 2011

Kids Winter ART classes were a blast!

Share

Wow, what a week!!! Wall art, City Murals, Finger painting, Acrylics, Origami, Spray painting... the list goes on. It was a fantastic week here at Start at ART. I loved seeing new faces and reuniting with existing. I am overwhelmed with such wonderful art students and their ability to learn and bring in their own artistic dreams to our art environment. They seemed to enjoy the opportunity to explore and create with fellow friends. So exhilarating for me! I love ART!


Some images to share from the week:


Images from the finger painting wall mural. We also did some acrylic brush work on this piece.









Our City Mural. Each child contributed a part of the city mural. We had clouds, birds, trees, firehouses, police stations and a school. This was so fun. They just let their imagination go!!

 Can you tell which one is my son? LOL



 Intense stuff here. :)


We did a little abstract painting.


Below is a picture of the kids assemblage work. I had them pick from a ton of materials, buttons, odd and ends and had them create a work of art with it.


Finally comes the Origami. This was so much fun for them. Thanks to my assistant, Cedee for the help with running this! They loved her.





No comments:

Post a Comment