Thursday, June 10, 2010

Found Objects Collages

Share

My kids absolutely love to collage found objects together for some great pieces of work. At my expense they raid my craft bins all of the time and make these great projects. No direction, just hanging at their own personal desk creating. As much as I totally get annoyed that they are making a mess of my "stuff" I love to see what they come up with and just can't get angry with them when they show me their creations.

Here is a recent collage woman that my 5 year old made while procrastinating bedtime. "Just one more piece mom"




My daughter used some of my scrapbook papers, tape, notebook paper, and ribbon. Her name is Scrappa :)

I then took the opportunity to teach her about a great local NYC collage artist Harriet Serenkin.

Some great books about collage making can be found as well. Two that I found helpful are below. You may also be able to get them from the library but for books like this I enjoy purchasing them to keep going back to and add to my bookshelf of art!






Enjoy your collage making and remember - reuse and recycle those magazines, pieces of junk mail, and old gift cards!!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment